Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Collect & Create

If you are a crafty person like my sister, you might like to go to craft store a lot too... it is good to have somewhere to go look for materials when you've got a project in mind that you want to do...and craft stores can provide for the needs of the many crafty ladies, with a collections of great looking but cheap little components for their creative edge.
I'm my sister's shopping buddy... we goes everywhere together, and I often find myself drawn to those tiny little things that shows a vintage style, and touched my nostalgia side too. Sometimes I would still be temped to buy...and think that maybe I'll start a project myself. But when I saw Alex's blog the other day, she actually do the kind of art that I find interesting, and most of all, instead of buying the material from craft store, she reuse or repurpos old books pages to form new craft material....and that has start me thinking and planning on the album I would like to create for my up coming trip to Istanbul and Paris.
On the case of scrapbook album...I should be looking for a list of thing I can gather while I'm on the trip
Such as:
Old post card, stemps, old pictures, or any free leaflets with old images related to the place, maps, soda or beer bottle caps, stylish product's lables, newspaper, train or transit tickets...or simply anything I can spot that can spark memories of the trip, and can fit into my pocket.
This could be a way to reuse and re-purpose, fulfill my creative needs without making more rubbish....I'll post the progress as the project goes...and may be someone out there has more idea on this too? Yeh...let me know.
Happy collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment